Monday, February 4, 2013

First Post!

So here goes.  My first post for my sewing blog.  I've dabbled in craft sewing and that was a great way to get back in to the swing of things after getting my new machine (Viking Sapphire 835) and an absurdly long break from sewing in general.  I had ton of Christmas projects for friends and family this past year, and as fun as that was, I'm ready to get down to some selfish sewing and making myself a wardrobe to die for.  

A few projects of the past.  I'm eager to see how much I am growing as a seamstress!  


This was my first sewing project in seven years!  Purple over skirt in seersucker and a crinkle gauze under skirt, with lots and lots of godets.  Worn for a renaissance festival.  



A rather poorly made sleep mask.  But it gets the job done.  Self drafted pattern, which I am about to revamp big time.  

Coffee cup sleeve!  








Nap mat for my nephew.  He needed a pillow and blanket for kindergarten.  That just wasn't good enough for me.  This has an attached blanket, a pillow (with velcro backing so it can be removed and washed, same with the foam on the inside for sleepytime comfort), and it rolls up and has a carry handle so it can be easily transported.  Kiddo loves it!


Luggage tag.


Star Wars pjs for my nephew.  I made them a bit longer, since kids grow like weeds, and they can be rolled up in the mean time.  
Pattern used: Simplicity 9499

And Star Wars pjs for my husband too!  Same pattern as above.  Yay for two-fers.

And for my lovely friend Lady T, crazy cat lady flannel pjs.  :)  
Pattern used: Simplicity 3696

I've got a ton planned out for myself right now, and several projects that are still in muslin fitting state, but I plan on changing that stat.  I'm rather excited for this journey!

2 comments: